Weight Loss Tips for Women Under 20
Weight Loss Tips » Weight Loss for Women Under 20
Women, at any age are very conscious about their figure. No matter what, they want to look good and be at their best. Women under 20 years of age, fall in the category of youngsters. The age itself is an important factor which makes women more conscious about their looks, appearances, and of course weight. When it comes to looking at weight loss tips for women under 20 years of age, you first need to understand that nutrition is the most important for the well being of your body. This is the age when you and your body is developing or growing. There are a lot of hormonal changes and other physical as well as mental growth happening. Hence, all the nutrients that you consume are absorbed in this growth process of the body. Thus, it is quite possible that how much ever you eat, it may or may not add on to your weight because it is already utilized for the development of your body.
Here are few useful weight loss tips for women under 20:
- Calculate your BMI: This is the first tip and step towards your weight loss. You first need to asses if you are overweight and if you really need to lose weight. The ideal way is to calculate your Body Mass Index (BMI). It is best to consult your doctor whenever you plan for a weight loss. Whenever, your doctor measures your BMI, ensure to record it. Speak of any health problem or other mental, physical or emotional problems, which you feel attribute to your weight gain. The more you are transparent with your doctor, the more he/she is in a better position to give you a right advice.
- Calorie Intake: The next is to keep a check on your calorie intake. An ideal calorie intake for women of or under 20 years of age is about 2000 - 2400 calories daily for a sedentary and an active lifestyle respectively. However, before you plan any reduction of calories in your daily diet, it is good to consult your physician. This will ensure that a calorie reduction does not have any negative impact on your health.
- Nutritional Diet: As said earlier, your body is undergoing a lot of developmental changes. Hence, it is important to provide adequate and required nutrition to your body. You can always seek help from an expert nutritionist or simply use a diet planner software. When you use the software, you just have to put in the details of your age, weight, activity levels and the height, and the software takes care of the rest. All you need to ensure is that you have a nutritional diet, that includes fruits, vegetables, meats, legumes and grains.
- Decide on the Weight Loss: You need to decide on the weight that you want to lose and accordingly plan your diet and exercise program. Ensure that you do not drop a lot on your calorie intake as this might affect your health adversely. Always consult your physician and your physical trainer before you plan your diet and exercise program respectively.
- Exercise: It is well known that no matter how much you diet, there can be no way out to losing weight effectively without an exercise program. A regular 30 to 60 minutes of exercise is a must to lose weight and keep it off. A brisk walk or jogging should do the needful, instead of, opting for a strenuous exercise regime. Exercise is a must, as it boosts your metabolism which in turn helps in burning those extra calories and fat.
- Weight Record: This is another effective way of controlling your weight. It is a good practice to record your weight weekly. It would be ideal to record weight at the same time of the day every week and with the same clothes. This gives you a fair idea of where you stand in terms of your weight loss achievement. You can then adjust your diet and exercises accordingly.
- Alcohol Consumption: This is one of the important weight loss tips for women under 20. The age is such when you are eager and excited to explore new things and have your own experience. Alcohol is one such thing which makes the youngsters inquisitive. However, you need to understand that too much of alcohol consumption is not good for health, because it is high in calories and has no nutritional value. Five oz. of wine or 12 oz. of beer is an acceptable and safe limit of alcohol dose.
- Stay Hydrated: This is another important tip for the youngsters. It is advised to drink plenty of water and keep your body hydrated because it helps the body flush out all the toxins. It is advised to drink water when thirsty, instead of resorting to soft drinks and other alternatives.
These are some of the best weight loss tips for women under 20, designed keeping in mind the age factor and the daily activities of women under 20. If followed religiously, they definitely prove to be useful to achieve the desired weight loss.